Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Just Ramblings

It feels like a lifetime since I've last blogged. My world has been filled to capacity of late, to the point of being over whelmed. Work of course has reached its midyear peak, with more deadlines than I care to count. The weather here has been rain, rain and more rain, which led to the leaking of gutters and the skylight in the kitchen.

Then of course there are the world problems; BP and the Gulf of Mexico oil deluge (you can't call it a spill any longer, it is certainly larger than a glass of milk). Border agents fired upon and killed a 15 year old Mexican (child) citizen trying to come into this country (the land of the free). A local child has been missing since last Friday. I think this one hits the hardest, as a parent I can't imagine the pain of not knowing where your child is and are they well; since last Friday. The one time when my daughter was little that she didn't come directly home after school, (she'd gone to visit a friend) the terror and downright pain I felt until I had her safely in my arms was beyond description. My heart and prayers go out to his parents for his safe return.

Such is my world at the moment, a whirlwind of deadlines, sadness, fear for this country, our world, and one small child.

No comments: